Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Island of the Blue Dolphins

Scott O'Dell

I would recommend Island of the Blue Dolphins to anyone who is interested in living of the land, so to speak. The story is about a young Indian girl who is abandoned on an island alone. It is based on the true story of a woman who actually lived on this island from 1835 to 1853.
I really didn't enjoy the book. It barely described any details, and sometimes went without telling anything for more than a year at a time. I realize 18 years would be a long time to fit into one book, so I won't go rambling on about it. But another thing I didn't like would be the grammar. No, no, don't get me wrong. I don't think there were any errors, but it was laid out very poorly. It is as if it were written by an Indian girl who very lately learned to speak English. Since it is supposed to be that, it should be fine, but I can't say I enjoyed reading it.

5 comments: